Friday at the Track (FATT)℠ is a performance driving event for drivers of all skill levels from the beginner to the experienced track day participant. This instructional event allows you to bring your street or track prepared car out for a day at the track and enjoy going fast without the fear of red and blue lights in your rear-view mirror. For a whole lot less than the cost of a speeding ticket, you receive classroom instruction (Novice and Intermediate drivers), skid pad instruction in our cars (including front and rear skid management), and four sessions on track in your own car with in-car instruction for Novice and Intermediate drivers, or Solo for Advanced drivers. It is a chance to go fast and have fun in a controlled environment.
Must be 18 years old to participate.
Pre-Registration is recommended for this event.
No guarantee of available space on day of event.
On-Site Registration Cost: $325.00 per person
Pre-Registration Cost: $290.00 per person (INCLUDES Motorsportreg.com fees)
Mazda Miata Rental Package: $800 (includes Miata, Friday at the Track Fees and Insurance)
Register at https://spmotorsports.motorsportreg.com/
Friday at the Track
Friday, March 13, 2020
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Friday, May 1, 2020
Friday, June 12, 2020
Friday, August 7, 2020
Friday, August 9, 2019
Friday, September 25, 2020
Saturday, October 10, 2020
Friday, November 13, 2020
- Street cars on street tires. No SUV’s, Minivans, or Truck’s.
- Roll bars are mandatory for all convertibles. Removable Hard Tops are not approved for rollover protection. Retractible Hard Tops, Targa Tops, T-Tops and Sunroofs must remain in place while on track.
- Functional factory or “pop-up” roll bars are acceptable such as Porsche Boxster or BMW Z3 with owners manual that confirms that they are “ROLLOVER PROTECTION” not “Style” bars. Honda S2000, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, and Mazda MX5 convertibles and some other convertibles, not listed, are required to have an aftermarket ROLL Bar.
- Historic cars must have a minimum of three point belts. Belts must be safely installed and well anchored.
- Drivers and passenger’s seat must provide IDENTICAL protection, including seat, seat belts and roll bar padding.
- Some racecars from various sanctioning bodies are FATT, eligible, provided they meet all BSR tech requirements. This includes a passenger seat for all Novice, Intermediate, and Intermediate Advanced participants.
- The sound decibel limit for vehicles is 103. Sound levels will be monitored. Vehicles found to be over the limit will be asked to correct on the first offense, then not permitted to participate on subsequent offenses.
- Cars will be technically inspected for safety.
- Helmets are required. (SA2010/M2010 or higher rating (after Jan 1, 2017) – limited quantity available for loan).
- Participants should keep safety equipment in proportion to performance modifications.
- Gate opens at 6:00 am.
- Driver’s Meetings are MANDATORY. Registration closes 15 minutes before driver’s meeting. Students should plan to arrive one hour prior to allow enough time for technical inspection. Students will not be able to participate if they miss the driver’s meeting. Intermediate participants must be checked-in and through tech by 8:30 a.m.
- Group 1 – Novice – 8:25 a.m.
- Group 2 – Intermediate – 9:15 a.m.
- Group 3 – Solo -8:15 a.m.
6. Experienced drivers new to FATT will receive a check ride with one of our instructors to be familiarized with the program before they will be allowed to drive solo.