Friday at the Track (FATT)℠ is an introduction to high performance driving. It is an instructional event where you can bring your street car for a day at the track. You will receive classroom instruction, skid pad instruction in our cars (including front and rear skid control), and four 20-minute sessions of in-car instruction in your own car. It is a chance to go fast and have fun in a controlled environment.
Must be 18 years old to participate.
Register at https://www.motorsportreg.com/orgs/summit-point
Pre-Registration Cost: $275.00 per person (plus Motorsportreg.com fees)
Pre-Registration is recommended for this event.
No guarantee of available space on day of event.
On-Site Registration Cost: $300 per person
- Street cars on street tires. No SUV’s, Minivans, or Truck’s.
- Roll bars are mandatory for all convertibles. Removable Hard Tops are not approved for rollover protection.
- Functional factory or “pop-up” roll bars are acceptable such as Porsche Boxster or BMW Z3 with owners manual that confirms that they are “ROLLOVER PROTECTION” not “Style” bars. Honda S2000, Dodge Viper, Chevrolet Corvette, and Mazda MX5 convertibles and some other convertibles, not listed, are required to have an aftermarket ROLL Bar.
- Historic cars must have a minimum of three point belts. Belts must be safely installed and well anchored.
- Drivers and passenger’s seat must provide IDENTICAL protection, including seat, seat belts and roll bar padding.
- Some racecars from various sanctioning bodies are FATT, eligible, provided they meet all BSR tech requirements. This includes a passenger seat for all Novice, Intermediate, and Intermediate Advanced participants.
- The sound decibel limit for vehicles is 103. Sound levels will be monitored. Vehicles found to be over the limit will be asked to correct on the first offense, then not permitted to participate on subsequent offenses.
- Cars will be technically inspected for safety.
- Helmets are required. (SA2010/M2010 or higher rating (after Jan 1, 2017) – limited quantity available for loan).
- Participants should keep safety equipment in proportion to performance modifications.
- Gate opens at 6:00 am.
- Driver’s Meetings are MANDATORY. Registration closes 15 minutes before driver’s meeting. Students should plan to arrive one hour prior to allow enough time for technical inspection. Students will not be able to participate if they miss the driver’s meeting.
- Group 1, Novice – 8:45 a.m.
- Group 2, Intermediate – 8:45 a.m.
- Group 3 – Advanced Intermediate – 8:30 a.m.
- Group 4 – Solo – 8:30 a.m.
6. Experienced drivers new to FATT will receive a check ride with one of our instructors to be familiarized with the program before they will be allowed to drive solo.